Signed in as:
Peptides vs Proteins
What are the Differences? Peptides and proteins, while similar in many regards, have several key differences that are important to understand. Oftentimes the terms “peptide” and “protein” are used synonymously, but differing characteristics and biological activities between the two compounds prevent the terms from being totally interchangeable. To fully appreciate the differences between proteins and peptides, it is important to understand amino acids, the building blocks of both, and how all three (amino acids, peptides, and proteins) relate to one another.
Amino acids are small but biologically vital compounds containing an amino group (NH2) and a carboxylic acid group (COOH) as well as a side-chain structure that varies between different amino acids. While hundreds of amino acids are known, only twenty are genetically combined into peptides (such as arginine, lysine, and glutamine), while others can be combined synthetically.
Importantly, amino acids make up the building blocks of peptides. When amine and carboxylic acid functional groups in amino acids join to form amide bonds, a peptide is formed. Combining two or more amino acids, whether naturally or synthetically, results in the formation of a peptide. The shortest peptide, containing two amino acids, can be referred to as a “dipeptide.” A peptide three amino acids in length is a “tripeptide,” and so on.
Peptides are short chains of amino acids that have been linked by amide, or peptide, bonds. While the term “peptide” generally refers to a compound made up of two or more amino acids, peptides can be further classified as oligopeptides and polypeptides. Meaning “few,” “oligo” denotes that oligopeptides are made up of relatively small numbers of amino acids, generally less than ten. Polypeptides, on the other hand, are composed of more than ten amino acids.
Polypeptides and Proteins
Scientists commonly differentiate between proteins and polypeptides based on their size and structure. Regarding size, a polypeptide composed of more than 50 amino acids is generally classified as a protein, though the minimum categorization threshold can range from around 40-100 amino acids. However, 50 is a general guideline.
Secondly, proteins and polypeptides tend to differ in regards to their structure. Typically, polypeptides shorter than about 40-50 amino acids in length do not fold into a fixed structure. Proteins, however, are able to fold into a three-dimensional stable fixed structure. Proteins tend to have a fixed structure for a certain function (i.e. hemoglobin, a protein responsible for transporting oxygen in the blood). Polypeptides shorter than 40-50 amino acids, on the other hand, generally do not have enough cooperative interactions to form a stable native structure.
Peptide Vs. Protein: Which Term to Use?
Importantly, all proteins are technically polypeptides. However, as a researcher, it can sometimes be useful to differentiate between the two and reserve the term “proteins” to refer to relatively long and structurally fixed amino acid chains. Accordingly, peptides will generally refer to shorter (sub-50) amino acid chains.
These are the leading and most impressive peptides we utilize here at The NY Center of Wellness and Anti-Aging. Treating both men and women for endless reasons may it be healing an injury, creating a stronger immune system, an overall feeling of well-being which can lead to rejuvenating relationships, reaching a level where mental health falls under this scope of treatment with some of these peptides.
Peptides are a small chain of amino acids taken from the bodies natural structure of polypeptides to create and mimic specific, desired outcomes with treatment targeted to specific places in our bodies. These are small doses of what our body creates naturally, that with time, stress, trauma even just life in general when the aging process really starts to begin by not producing these proteins as we reach a certain age. The following peptides were created to target specific parts of the body to start regenerating the natural production as well as supplementing any deficiencies synthetically with replacement. Here are some of the most well-known, widely used and prescribed peptides.
• GH secretagogue and ghrelin (hunger hormone) agonist
• Visible results within 8 weeks, some as early as 4-6 weeks, minimum time recommended for this peptide is 12 weeks to really feel the benefits
• Unlike most GHRPS Cortisol, FSH, LH, Prolactin and a patients TSH will not increase
• Stimulates the pituitary gland at a controlled rate to release growth hormone back into the body
• Increase Energy levels
• Triggers cell regeneration increasing the healing process and strengthening the immune system
• Boosts bone density • Increases the development of lean muscle mass
• By increasing GH levels it keeps cardiovascular risks at bay and lowers blood pressure
• Increase hair skin and nail growth and strength
• Better and deeper sleep with reported longer REM cycles
• Works in the liver and the brain
Ipamorelin with CJC-1295
This peptide is very similar to just ipamorelin alone, but it differs in that it works using two families of receptors intensifying the results of ipamorelin. The half like of CJC-1295 extends to 30 minutes. CJC-1295 is a GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone) analog that works on the pituitary gland. Its also been shown to increase growth hormone and insulin growth factor-1 level which helps;
• Increase Bone Density
• Strengthen the Cardiovascular system
• Increase Muscle mass
• Improve the ability to burn fat
• Increase Sex Drive
• Accelerate and repair healing from injuries
• Regenerate nerve tissues
• Strengthen the immune system
• Improve memory and Cognition
Results over time by week are better sleep quality, faster recovery from work outs, better mental clarity, increased skin elasticity, a change in your body composition noticing muscle development and loss of fat.
Ipamorelin/Sermorelin (GHRP Combination)
Ipamorelin and Sermorelin work in very similar ways but they work in different parts of the body. Sermorelin is made up of 29 amino acids where the bodies natural growth hormone is made up of 191. With Ipamorelin being the safest and well known peptide it is usually known as a stackable peptide its common to combine with others for a much stronger effect with more visible mental and physical results creating a powerhouse peptide. The half-life of Sermorelin is 8-12 minutes. This comes in a 9mg vial with the same dosing as Ipamorelin alone.
BPC-157 (Body Protective Compound)
The benefits of BPC-157 are endless with the healing propterties it presents and the protection it can provide our bodies. The sequence created in this peptide is put together in an order that even though it is derived from our bodies GI tract, does not naturally occur. Making it a powerhouse healer. This peptide also has a positive reaction on our bodies leukocytes and stem cells creating a stronger immune system causing all three to work together creating this powerhouse healing affect. It comes in tablet and injectable form.
• This peptide comes from a protein found in our gastric lining and juices and then broken down into a power sequence of amino acids with many healing properties
• Promotes muscle and tendon healing
• Works to correct both acute and chronic conditions
• This peptide works with cell signaling not off the bodies receptors
• Increases type 1 collagen giving it excellent potential for diabetic wound healing
• It decreases inflammation and increases the bodies immune system
• Repairs the intestines, bone, teeth, brain tissues and the cornea
• Improves nerve regeneration, inducing a release of serotonin in the brain counteracting the effects of Parkinsons agents
• Counteracts the effects of NSAIDS on the lower GI tract healing lesions
• Protects against hepatoxicity and can even counteract it.
IGF-1 is an endocrine hormone that is produced in the liver, the release of this hormone increases the presence of Human Growth Hormone. Numerous cells throughout the muscles in our body are equipped with cell receptors that have a high affinity for Insulin like Growth Factor. This makes this hormone one of the best growth hormones and a facilitator of general cell growth which it does by targeting specific tissues and in more autocrine cell communication processes, it facilitates cell division. Unlike many steroids that cause weight gain the weight gain caused by IGF-1 is not water weight and is specifically muscle mass. Benefits of IGF-1 are;
• It facilitates protein synthesis in the body
• It regulates the storage of fat and channels it to be used for the production of energy resulting in noticeable fat loss
• Promotes positive affects on metabolism; increasing lean body mass and decreases fat
• It increases the regenerative properties of the bodies nerve tissues
• Up-regulates anti-oxidant benefit and ligament strength
• It boosts hyperplasia is muscle cells leading to fuller muscle tissues
• Optimal IGF-1 are crucial to bone development during childhood and adult life • Improved Cognitive function
If any of these interest you, just ask.
The Ny Center of Wellness and Anti-Aging
We are now going to be accepting most major insurance plans.
Copyright © 2022 Wellness Center of NY - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy